Licensing Essency Apps
Founded in 2008, Essency is an audio specialist software company with unique patented technology, targeting mainstream consumers and hardware manufacturers.
The founders of Essency are highly experienced engineers who have worked in all aspects of professional audio and with computers and digital audio since the days of the Moog Synthesiser.
Initially a developer of Apps for Apple’s iOS, Essency now code for Android and plan to add the WindowsPhone and Blackberry platforms. Desktop versions of core products are planned for Mac OSX and Windows.
Some products we expect to be individually demand driven, others like Awareness!® we believe will become industry standards, driven by legislation and liability, if not responsibility.
The first Essency app Awareness!® The Headphone App is on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon. Some custom app versions have been licensed and codebase modules have been licensed to build into 3rd party applications.
Essency – What we do
- We develop and patent high-performance DSP based audio technologies
- We build cutting-edge audio apps for sale on app stores
- We license technology modules to incorporate into 3rd party apps
- We build custom versions of our own apps for 3rd parties
- We can build new audio apps from the ground up, to agreed specifications
- Apps are becoming a standard headphone accessory. If you are a vendor you need to be ready.
- Essency’s suite of Apps, enhance and extend the capabilities of headphones / headsets / iPod audio systems and more.
- All Essency apps & code can be licensed.
- All apps have a rolling roadmap and planned feature upgrades.
- All Essency apps are Multi-Tasking designed to work with any audio source on a mobile device.
- Core code can be optimised for low-power DSP chips and blown into DSP-using devices, like phones & active headsets.
- All key Essency technologies have patents applied for and all brand names have trademarks registered or in process.
Products as of SPRING 2013
- Awareness!® Real-Time Audio Engine, code and modules – iOS now and Android Jelly Bean (Q2 2013)
- Awareness!® The Headphone App V2.8.5 – iOS
- Awareness!® The Headphone App – Android Phones Jelly Bean
- Awareness!® The Headphone App HD – Android Tablets Jelly Bean
- Awareness!® Evolution V3.0 – forthcoming advanced version for iOS and Android
- StreetSonics!® Street level simplified Awareness app – iOS and Android (Q2 2013)
- SelectSonics® real-time, wide-band active noise-reduction on microphone inputs (Q2 2013)
- HearSonics™ hearing aid app (Q2 2013)
- EQSonics 3/6/8™ – advanced multi-tasking EQ apps and modules (Project Frozen)
- KaraokeSonics™ a real-time Karaoke engine and app module (Project Frozen)
- Plug-in iOS code library modules to fit existing 3rd party apps. Soon for Android and WP8
- Unique single-function and totally customised apps e.g.: a branded 6-Band EQ app
- Deluxe branded versions of Awareness!® The Headphone App – single or multi-function
- Pure DSP code for hardware devices
- Any combination of the above
- Apple iOS 4.1 to 6.1 and above
- Android Jelly Bean OS 4.1 and above
- Blackberry 10 in R&D – depends on RIM’s future
- WindowsPhone8 in Planning. Currently W8 has problems with audio latency
- Max OSX 10.8 in R&D – Desktop Versions
- Windows 7 & 8 in R&D – Desktop Versions
To find out more about licensing or purchasing branded apps to bundle with your products, contact us at Essency Apps Licensing